Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Next New Thing

For this assignment, I had to think pretty hard about a new media tool.  There are so many things already established in society today that I had to think outside the box.  For my new type of new media, I would create an application for smartphone users about food.  So majority of the world today uses smartphones, but what applications are there for food?  There are barely any in existence other than a few dietary ones and restaurant reviews.  So, I would create an app where you can take a picture of the food you are eating and it will display all the calories, ingredients and nutritional facts about your meal.  Using a futuristic database with almost all the foods in the worlds in it, the app will launch and with a simple picture, you will be informed of the food you are served.  This way people can watch what they eat in case of allergies, watch the calorie count of the day, and know what they are actually consuming.  I would call this application "FoodOHealth".

1 comment:

  1. This app would be amazing! Although I'm not sure how realistic it can be for the app to immediately determine the calories and ingredients but hey with technology nowadays you just never know! The possibilities are endless...

    ReplyDelete